Our Dental Implant Solutions
Dental implants are an excellent replacement option to restore damaged or missing teeth. With implant technology, Dr. Eggleston can deliver successful, durable, and long-lasting results for your smile. He has the skill and experience to restore gaps caused by one missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or even a full arch of teeth.
No matter what you need, Dr. Eggleston and his team are here to help you put your best smile forward. Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit you.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a natural-looking, prosthetic tooth replacement to restore a missing tooth from root to crown. It’s composed of three parts—the fixture (secures the implant to your jawbone), the abutment (connects the fixture to the restoration), and the permanent porcelain crown restoration (placed on top of the abutment).
Dr. Eggleston will surgically place the implant directly in your jaw to create a sturdy bond𑁋which goes unmatched by dentures or any other type of restoration. Best of all, dental implants won’t slip out of place due to their outstanding stability. You’ll be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods and chew with ease.
Am I A Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you’re looking for the best way to replace your missing teeth, dental implants could be right for you. The implant process begins with your free consultation with Dr. Eggleston. He’ll examine your smile, review your medical history, and discuss your treatment. He’ll also ask you several questions about your smile goals so we can recommend the most appropriate one.
Many patients can have their implants placed right away, but some may require a supplemental procedure before treatment. During your consultation, Dr. Eggleston will determine whether you’re a proper candidate for dental implants.
In some instances, patients may require one or more supplemental treatments to prepare for implant placement. Dr. Eggleston will recommend any necessary additional procedures during your free consultation.
The Dental Implant Process
- The first step on your path toward a beautiful new smile is your free consultation with Dr. Eggleston. This is an excellent time to ask any questions you may have to determine if this treatment option is right for you.
- Once he determines you’re ready, we can start the process right away. Dr. Eggleston will numb the area and surgically attach the implant fixture directly to your jaw. This minimally invasive procedure is completed here at our Turlock office.
- Through a process called osseointegration, your jawbone creates a firm bond with the fixture for a stable foundation. This necessary healing period takes about three to five months to adjust to the implant fixture.
- When your jawbone is fully healed, you’ll return to our practice to finish the last step of your treatment. Dr. Eggleston will place your stunning porcelain crown on the implant fixture𑁋and you’ll be ready to show off your healthy, beautiful smile!
Full-Arch Restorations With All-on-4®
If you’re missing most or all of their teeth, Dr. Eggleston and his Turlock team can help. Our practice offers All-on-4® as an affordable solution for replacing a full arch of teeth. This exceptional treatment uses four dental implants to support a set of natural-looking prosthetics in either the upper or lower jaw.
The All-on-4 system allows patients to leave our office after one visit with a functional and temporary prosthetic. During the brief adjustment period, the implants will begin to fuse with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration. You’ll return to our office after the area has healed so Dr. Eggleston can place your permanent, new tooth restoration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the lifespan of a dental implant?
While the lifespan of a dental implant is longer than other tooth-replacement options, its longevity mostly depends on how you care for it. Dental implants are immune to cavities and other oral diseases, but the rest of your mouth is not. If you don’t properly care for your smile, you may develop gum disease or conditions that might require the removal of your implant. However, if you practice healthy oral hygiene habits, your implant could last for more than 25 years.
What is the proper way to care for dental implants?
The best way to avoid infection and dental implant failure are to keep your mouth clean. This means cleaning your mouth thoroughly after each meal and before you go to sleep, beginning the day after your procedure. At Eggleston Dental Care, we recommend using a soft-bristled toothbrush, nylon-coated floss, and toothpaste that contains non-abrasive ingredients to ensure that you don’t accidentally scratch the implant or irritate the oral structures that support it.
What is the cost of a dental implant?
Trust Dr. Eggleston With Your Smile
Dr. Jim Eggleston has provided outstanding dental implants in Turlock.
Check out his outstanding qualifications:
- Placing dental implants in Turlock for over 15 Years
- Recognized for “Mastership” by the International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Studied at the renowned Misch International Implant Institute
- Trained under Dr. Bill Dorfman from the TV show Extreme Makeover
- Member of the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry